Friday, March 4, 2011

Serving plate makeover


I have these two little serving plates.  They are not too big, I love the colours and I like that they are a rectangle and square - so handy for lots of things that aren't round cakes.  I thought this would be a cute way to jazz them up a little sometimes.


I cut out some pretty scrapbook papers to fit in the bottom, laminated them and popped them in (securing them with double sided tape is a good idea).  I can make as many as I like and change them out for different parties and so on.  I am going to do the same for my small cake plate as well.  This would be a nice way to use your plain white salad plates as serving pieces also.  Too easy! 

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love it and I am totally going to use it! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. This turned out so cute. I really like the scrapbook paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    The paper I used was from those cheapy packs you can pick up at Walmart and Office Max. Love it when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea. I have some white dishes that would be perfect for this idea!

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails