Saturday, June 20, 2009

No-sew fringed cushion cover tutorial


This has to be the easiest cushion cover you will ever make. I remember seeing the instructions for this from a project sheet from my local Spotlight store in Brisbane (Australia) I think many years ago. Anyway, here is how you can do it! This is a great quick project for a teen or younger too. There are some great polar fleece prints out there. (forgive the less than stellar lighting for my photos - very rainy day here today)

All you need is your cushion insert, some polar fleece and a pair of scissors.


I just eyeballed my measurements but you need to lay out a double thickness of the polar fleece and cut out a generous band around your cushion. Of course, you could make yourself a pattern after measuring your cushion and working out what length you want for fringing but I went for quick and cheerful today (especially with a 3 yr old in tow) and just eyeballed it. The end result doesn't really need such careful measuring.


After you cut around your cushion, cut out each of the four corners (like so)....


and cut the remaining sides into strips.


Separate your two layers and put the cushion inside.


Match up your side lengths of fringe and tie each pair of them (twice) up close to the cushion. Just do this all the way around and then you have your fringed edge cushion with not a needle in sight! I quite like a long fringe but just experiment with the length you want. You can always trim them off after you have finished if they are a bit long for your liking.


5 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I've been looking for an easy pillow type project that kids can do as well. This is perfect! Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very clever ... good winter holiday project :) ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is extremely interesting for me to read this post. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the fringe style.It is so hassle free to make and the simplicity and uniqueness creates a different look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love these pillows and all of your ideas. Just to perfect place to spend some time and visit to take a break (for a couple of hours). Thank you for your wonderful blog. Your page inspireds me.

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails