Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mushroom beads


Ok, here is my other idea for these little mushroom buttons, beads for jewellery.  Cute!


Let's gather some supplies.  I bought the jewellery making supplies at Michael's.  Some silver chain, fixings including the clasp and some flat head pins to attach the mushrooms.  I haven't done a lot of jewellery making but  this is the simple of the simple techniques.  You do need these needle nose pliers though.  I really should have used rounded pliers but this worked fine for me.


Next, you need to paint your little mushrooms.  I used some poster putty to keep it steady on the end of a skewer and it was much easier to paint this way.


Put them onto a little piece of scrap timber (for when the drill comes through the other side) and drill a hole through the middle.  Don't worry if you are a little off - it won't matter to the end look.


Insert the flat head pin through the bottom of your 'bead'.


Use your pliers to make a little hook.

  


Put it on your chain and use the pliers to close up the hook as much as you can.


Add as many as you like and ask your 8 yr old to model it for you.  Adorable! (if I do say so myself...)

11 comments:

  1. omgosh thank you so much for all your comments :) made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all these cute mushroom projects! Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooooo cute!! I saw it over at One Pretty Thing and had to come check it out! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!

    Your posts about these little plug things made me think about painting some to look like cupcakes...but when I saw them in person at the hardware store I realized the "stems" don't seem long enough for this.

    At any rate, I'm the kind of person who loves browsing hardware stores for random doohickeys I can use in craft projects, so this post is right up my alley! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for your comment on my IF entry, catherine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! @ Meredith, I have thought about the cupcake idea too. I am going to try it with some of the bigger ones, I think that might work. I will let you know!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails