Sunday, February 7, 2010

Magnetic valentine hearts


I couldn't avoid the lead up to Valentine's Day I guess.  We don't normally celebrate Valentine's together but this year I thought I would do some decorating and sweet notes for my kidlets as Princess E is writing valentine notes to me already.  It is fun for them so why not?

I made these cute little magnets using those flat sheet advertising magnets that seem to breed on the fridge.

I started with a motley collection of said magnets:


I used a cookie cutter (it could be from the playdough set actually) in a rather obvious heart shape and then cut out the shape.  I also drew some freehand to use up smaller pieces of the magnet.


I used Mod Podge to glue them face down onto the backside of some pretty scrapbook papers.  I also remembered I bought myself a cool booklet of adhesive backed paper prints whilst in Australia and I used a couple of those as well.  So easy...


After they dried for awhile I cut them out using fine scissors and added a topcoat of Mod Podge to protect them from grubby fingers on the fridge.  Here they are again (with some little apples sneaking in because I just love apple shapes).


Aren't they cute?  No advertising magnet will be safe from now on.  These would look lovely if you did a coordinating set with the covered bulldog clips for your office (or as a present for someone else's office), don't you think?

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails