Sunday, March 21, 2010

Felt, bead and button hair clip


There is really no limit to what you can put on these hairclips is there?  Well, ok, for you clarifiers out there (you know who you are!), you couldn't put a horse on there..... (a little horsey button though.....)

This is a really simple little clip and I always love things that are simple in style and I love them even more when they are simple to do as well.  So, you will need, a couple of circles of felt, a fun beady thing (or just a larger button or another circle of felt) and a button.  Oh, and a needle and thread, a hair clip and some glue.


Stack everything up and stitch through the whole lot securing the button.


Stitch a running stitch around the smaller piece of felt to hold it together and to add a nice little detail.


When you are finished, glue them to your hairclips.  Too easy.


Then borrow someone's adorable curly haired daughter to model them on (when own daughter downright refuses - the cheek!)!

5 comments:

  1. I *love* this!! And I see them all the time but never knew how to dissect it. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 - I love the stitching detail!
    2 - Your sweetie is ADORABLE! Love those curls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable hair clips and your little one is adorable!
    Hugs from Canada! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gals! I wish I could claim this little cutie but she is my friend's little girl. I love her curls too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute tutorial! My girls will definitely love some of these. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails