Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Desk organiser from recycled tin cans - tutorial


Finally, I have some crafty goodness happening! I have been missing it a lot. I have done a tutorial on how to transform basic food tins into a cute and functional desk organiser. This is one of my favourite crafts actually - there is recycling, there is (mostly) 'free' and there is wow 'before and after' factor! All great elements for crafting.

I have done the tutorial as a PDF download. Click here for your copy and make sure you let me know if you make one yourself.

Notes:
- I don't have access to good quality spray paints but I think a Rustoleum paint would give much better coverage.
- If you want the option of changing the look of your tin, just wrap the paper around and secure with double sided tape.

9 comments:

  1. Found you through One Pretty Thing... love this idea! I'm a Mod Podge beginner, and I've been looking for a simple but useful project to try. And who doesn't need more organizing containers! Thanks for the great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I like the different sizes and gluing them together. Great tutorial, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This project would be perfect for the new desk that my hubby is building for me soon. May I share this link on my polka dotted blog? I think my readers would enjoy it. :)

    Julie
    onthedotcreations@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gals!

    Julie, go ahead and share the link. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the grouping and think I may do this for my desk this week.

    Here is a version I did with my kids.

    http://bylittlehands.typepad.com/by_little_hands/2009/06/desk-accessories.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty papers!

    Samantha at TwoHeartsTogether
    www.twoheartstogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to recycle! This is a great idea =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had one like this from pineapple tins and Benetton catalog pages when I was in college! :) It is probably still somewhere in my parents house...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea and I'll be trying it out this weekend. Thanks for sharing
    ps I didn't download as I needed to give my facebook id or get a scrib account. I prefer not to do either.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails