Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pudding origami box


Well, Christmas is upon us!  Last year has evaporated and the New Year is looming.  I can't imagine anyone having any last minute wrapping to do - no sirree.  But, just in case, I have this nifty little 'pudding' origami box design if you have a teeny tiny (or I should say 'wee', Lee) little present you might want to wrap.  The finished size of this box is just under 2" square (~ 4.3cm) so it would be perfect for small jewellery.  A link to the instructions on how to fold it is here.



The lid of the box is the slightly larger square on the printable of course.  Just fold it exactly the same and it will fit snugly over the base part.  One note for the lid, the first two folds are to highlight the centre of the square for you to fold towards - to save so much creasing on the finished product just take a ruler and pencil and mark an X in the centre on the reverse (white) side.  This will give you a neater finish at the end.  I forgot to do that on this one and you can see the more noticeable fold lines on top.


I have to say, they are quite therapeutic to make.  These are the first ones I made.  I need to find a use for them now...

With that, I am going to wish you all a very Merry Christmas (or insert appropriate greeting for your circumstances) and I am going to be back in the New Year!  Hope you all have a wonderful and special couple of weeks!  (fellow Minnesotans/normally snow covered bloggy friends, where is our snow????)

3 comments:

  1. Catherine,

    Once again, you have created such a cute little project! These are adorable!

    I have very much enjoyed being a follower of your blog and look forward to another year of inspiration!

    I hope you and your family have a warm, safe and happy holiday season! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you as I was blog-wandering and loved the little box! So cute. Then I noticed you're an expat Aussie living in the US, and because that's what I am as well, I just had to say hi. Hi!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Willow's Quiet Corner - thank you so much, I love seeing you here!

    @ Lo - yay, another expat! Where are you living? Thanks for saying hello and feel free to email me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails