Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Back again!


Phew, finally back on board.  I have missed you!  I have a nasty staph infection in my leg so haven't been doing much.  I did have to make a gift tag for a present my daughter needed for a birthday party last Sunday so I got inspired and made a little bunch of them.

I used a business card sized piece of card and lopped off the top corners for that classic tag shape.  They seemed a bit big for a gift tag though and I get distressed using too much of any one of my lovely papers (the few that I have!) for something that will most likely be thrown away.  So, after a couple of the large ones I cut them in half lengthways.  There is still ample room for names on the back so I prefer that now.  Just in case you haven't worked it out I only have 4 craft punches so the variety isn't exactly vast!  I quite like the 3D butterflies - it is easy to do by just gluing the body part down and bending up the wings.  I quite like the effect anyway.

For the black card I just printed out the 'to' and 'from' with lines next to them on to orange card, cut out the same shape and joined them through the hole with the ribbon.



This shows my handwritten 'to' and 'from' on one of the other tags.  I am going to make a bunch of these.  The kids go to so many birthday parties here it is good to have a supply on hand.

I have a great idea for a tutorial that I have been wanting to get to for two weeks (at least).  I hope I get to it today....

1 comment:

  1. I'm a tag maker too and right with you - skinny ones are best (and I tell myself they look more elegant anyway!)...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails