Monday, April 27, 2009

How Turnoff Week went...


I have to say that the turnoff week challenge (read my earlier post here) was actually pretty easy. For the kids. For me? Hmmmm. I don't have a problem with the TV as I hardly ever watch it but my computer?? Well, let's just say it was eye opening to see how often I actually just 'pop up' to my computer space to check on things. What on earth am I checking on so often? Well, you know, there might be some interesting new photos on flickr, what cool stuff is coming up on Google Reader?, any emails from friends?, what is happening with my friends on Facebook (a serious time sucker that one)? and, my personal favourite, to just not be 'Mum' for awhile. I feel like I need to write a disclaimer about how much I love my children etc. but I think we should all know by now that that is a given but I know you understand we ALL need some downtime.

Ok, well, needing downtime aside my great epiphany for the week is that I need some balance with my computer usage. I really love the world of blogging and the outlet this blog gives me but it is getting to the point of mild neglect of my family and that is not something I am comfortable with. So, my pledge at the end of all this is to severely limit my use through the day to a quick email check and enjoy it, guilt free, after the kidlets are in bed. Oh, yes, and to not go to bed too late every night!

I can't wait to hear how everyone else went!


p.s. Thank you to the Choose to Move site for the image I have used.

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you on the "mild neglect" - this past week was a huge eye opener for me.
    Enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails