Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sock owl no. 1

 

I saw this very cute tutorial over at Whimsy Loft (via Whip Up) and felt like some calming hand sewing so decided to do one straight away myself.  I didn't have a large sock to use so I have made a miniature version out of a toddler sock.  So easy and all the kids (we had a group at our house today) loved him.  I plan on making a bunch of them with any of my holey or lonely socks now (which is why this post is titled 'no.1') so I can give use them as gift/stocking fillers etc.  I need to go and raid Princess E's sock drawer for any old pink socks.  I am feeling the need for a pink one too.  I am such a girl.

10 comments:

  1. he's not wonky at all... sweet! Thanks for linking me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! But I agree... pink would be even better.
    Now where are all those lone socks I have???

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest little thing I ever did see. My boys just went "aawwwwh". We're suckers for cute home made soft toys... just perfection! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant!!!! Somehow my kids have ended up with exactly four pairs of socks each...and about 27 "loners." UGH.

    I'm pictuing itty bitty 2" owls.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable!!! So creative!
    *smile*
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute indeed, Catherine. How long did it take you? I can keep my eye out for any nice patterned socks going cheap, if you want??

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is that?! What a great idea, it is adorable!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails