Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Day one of Advent!
Well, I retrieved my advent boxes from last year and surprised the kids with them today. Now I just have to think of all the activities to go in them! Here is my starting list:
- Make ice-cream
- Visit a different beach for shell collecting fun
- Treasure hunt (as in put the first clue in the box and have them find a little treasure somewhere in the house/yard)
- Make Christmas decorations for our Christmas tree branches (some dead branches I ripped off a shrub in our yard - I am not setting up the big tree this year as we won't be here for the day)
- Go to a fancy cafe for afternoon tea (hmmm, still thinking on this one....)
- A picnic in a park/at the beach
- Themed country food days (only a couple - don't know if I could organise more than that)
- Make a cup and button game (suspend a ribbon with a button on one end from the bottom of a cup and they have to try and catch the button in the cup)
- Various baking exploits (incl. gingerbread men)
- Go bowling
- Visit friends
and probably lots of recycled ideas from last year. What do you do for an Advent calendar?