Monday, April 12, 2010
Ric rac dahlia hairclips
I saw these absolutely GORGEOUS ric rac dahlia's over at my blogosphere friend, LoLo's, blog awhile ago and have been dying to try it out. Problem is, all I have is one teeny little bit of ric rac (less than 1m). So, I decided to make life difficult for myself and make teeny little dahlia's for hairclips. Honestly, they weren't too bad but I am sure bigger ones wouldn't be so fiddly. Also, I am pretty sure my ric rac is poly cotton and not as nice and soft as 100% cotton so that made it a bit trickier too. Anyway, despite that, I am really happy with how these turned out! It was hard to get a staggered effect so I kind of lost the actual 'dahlia' effect a bit but all in all it still worked fine. I love the effect of using a patterned ric rac too. I will be making a large one for a brooch for myself as soon as I get access to some more.
Here is the back. I added a felt circle that I cut slits into, put onto my hairclips and then glued and stitched onto the back of the ric rac dahlia.
Also, I just noticed that I have made my century in followers (cricketing reference for people who know anything about cricket) so, to celebrate and say thanks, I think I will hold a giveaway in the next couple of days. Stay tuned!